Monday, July 5, 2010

Unexpected


I was unprepared, unarmed, totally defenseless. I never could have anticipated the almost imperceptible spark I saw in the familiar blue, could never have dreamt of it. And the smile, it was different. Warmer somehow, almost eager. Surprised, as was I.
A warm, pleasant surprise, an unexpected present.


It made me realize that my so meticulously built armor is powerless against warm surprises and blue sparks. Full of cracks and thin fissures and fault lines. Weak. The spark rendered both my armor and myself completely useless.



...In another place, another time, another universe, I might have staked a claim on you. I would have. I would have seized the moment and been impulsive and probably made a move. If my life wasn't such a complicated, ridiculously tangled chaos, if I had a backbone to support my thoughts and desires, I would have staked a claim, I would have given it a try.

But my life is complicated, and I am a spineless, insecure -and, at that moment, totally unprepared- coward. I would very much like to have done something. As it was, all I could do was stare for a long moment, and then warily look away.




2 comments:

happypepper said...

Re ase τις πανοπλίες και απόλαυσέ το! Αν δεν έχεις σπάρκ, τί να τηνε κένεις την μπανοπλία;;;
όσο για τα αγγλικά, συμπάθα με, με κουράζουν λίγο.
Φιλούμπες.

amfipolos said...

χα χα!!! με το μπαρδόν για το αγγλικό... είμαι κολλημένη από μικρή, δεν ξέρω γιατί. Αν και δεν περίμενα να σε κουράζουν, αφού το έχεις!
Όσο για το άλλο που λες................
ναι. θα πρέπει να το δουλέψω μάλλον λίγο!
Φιλιά!