Tuesday, November 16, 2010

mood swings

who knows, who cares.

why my mind never seems to be able to rest for the slightest minute
why my feet tingle to spring, fists poised to strike
why my voice struggles for the scream to be heard
eyes ablaze to see

what an incomprehensible notion
life being this absurd conjunction of reality and dream
being trapped between half-truths and full lies

why does my existence ache to flee when I'm stranded here
why do my eyes gaze at the horizon like that's where I belong
how can I miss things I've never seen

perhaps I've met you in another lifetime, and the faded memory still haunts me.
maybe it's your distant whisper, carried with the cosmic winds over the ages, that I hear
I may have passed you by walking down the street and never knew it was you.
no... not likely. I would have known. I would have definitely known.

who knows, who cares
not even me.
especially not me.


No comments: