Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You really don't want to read this
(you want to hear it)


I've got a lot to say to you... but how best to begin?

If I wrote it down all in a song would it be easier, would it make more sense? I wonder...

This will be my latest trick, through the sorrow, through the splendor, to make you see as I see, feel as I feel... all you have to do is surrender.

You should know, that I'm not afraid, I never have been. I'm a wild child, I play among the
lights and shadows, you can't escape me, just like I can't escape myself. I tip toe around this shadow play, a little Dr. Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde; your blood is like wine, I could just as easily be your vampire, only, you see, light doesn't hurt me. Instead of stressed, I lie here charmed... feeling lonely and content at the same time... and yes, it really is a rare kind of happiness. And as I'm still on my road to nowhere, don't you dare forget about me, you're my immortal, nothing can tear us apart. I'll wait a thousand years just to see you smile, hear your voice, though you know... I'm gonna leave you, just to have a reason to return, cause I sense it all too well... when the journey is done, there is no turning back.

I don't know... too many thoughts might have twisted my thinking; I want to seize the world and shake it upside down, sing the immortal serenade, run, really run until it feels like flying, part of me is flying already; run up that hill, on and on, make a difference... no way to slow down...

But when I'm gone I know I'll be looking over my shoulder until the day comes that my path will be one of return. Don't you go asking where is my mind... I willingly reached for the secret too soon... whispered dreams my eyes couldn't see... got a gun for a lover and heard its shot in the dark, laughed without a care and oscillated wildly within a familiar unforgettable fire until a midnight summer dream had me in its spell.

I closed my eyes... only for a moment...
Let my spirit wander endlessly...

I don't know if I want to go back. I don't know how. All I know is, I want to hear his voice as he says...........................

yeah...

It breaks, it burns... it all happens once again...
It's coming closer...

So let the flames begin...


No comments: